6 Tips for a Modern Nursery
Nurseries have really come a long way… gone are the days of “baby rooms”. Modern, 21st century nurseries are now just awesome rooms, decorated in such a fashion that compliments the parents own style and the rest of the house. With the up-cycling and Pinterest era craze, many parents are finding inspiration just about anywhere for a modern, yet classic nursery. Here are a few tips to achieve just the right amount of chic-ness for your baby’s totally contemporary room.
1. White Walls make color POP! Not to mention add a super fresh and clean feeling.
2. Eliminate anything too themey… instead, try going with something generic that would be interchangeable with pretty much anything you bring in to the nursery. Such as colors, the alphabet, generic woodland or ocean life, etc.
3. Build your nursery around art. All different types. Up-cycled art, original pieces from your life experiences, framed magazines or story book pages. The sky is the limit, but it sure does make for a great central piece of inspiration.
4. Color-Block and/or geometric walls. A statement wall in a distinct, contrasting color not only screams “awesome” but babies are naturally drawn to the hard lines between major contrasts.
5. Add some rad furniture! Get a glider you could use in ANY room of the house, or a futon that can double as a bed for those long nights when the baby just won’t sleep. You spend a lot of time in this room… make it comfy!
6. What’s in a Name? Ok, so putting your baby’s name on the wall isn’t exactly “new” or “original”, but you can certainly think outside the box! Make it pop. Make it memorable. Make it an art installation! If you are gonna do it, do it 120% … I mean, you obviously think it’s the coolest name of all names, right?!